Darkness around the eyes is hereditary. And many people with allergies seem to have dark circles. There are other culprits – something you can do something about.
Smoking, drinking a lot of coffee, soda or caffeine beverages will usually make dark circles worse. So does generally not eating right. Also pulling all-nighters whether for school or fun – also contribute to the dark-eyes problem.
Causes Of Under Eye Dark Circlus
- Lack of sleep
- Iron or other vitamin deficiencies
- Exposure To The Sun
- Exposure To The Sunlight
Dark And Under Eye Circles: Treatment
- Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement. Almond helps to remove dark circles, and is an excellent skin food.
- For Puffiness Eyes: Apply vitamin E or olive oil.(Tie some potato grates in a cloth and place over eyes for about 20 minutes.)
- Concealing the dark circles through make up techniques.
- Apply a paste of fenugreek mixed in milk on dark circles in the night. Wash off in the morning and watch dark circles vanish for good.
- Apply peeled and grated potato over night minimum three times a week.
- Dip cotton balls in freeze chilled ice-cube and massage the 15-20 minutes on the eyes.
- Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles
Tips On Dark Circles Around Or Under The Eyes
- Drink minimum eight glasses of water everyday.
- Apply crushed mint around the eye.
- Apply cold compresses.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Iron deficiency can be a cause for dark circles around the eyes.
- Grate a cucumber, squeeze to take out its juice and refrigerate and apply around the eye for 10-15 minutes.